Cape Cod’s NPR affiliate, WCAI, will be featuring readings by local poets on their radio station on Sunday mornings beginning in December. By ‘local’, they mean anywhere in their listening area (Cape, Islands, Southcoast – even RI if you can still catch them on the dial).
The Cape and Islands region has long provided inspiration to artists. Now WCAI is giving poetry a place in its weekly line-up. Every Sunday morning during Weekend Edition the work of a different local poet will be featured. Join us at 8:44am for Poetry Sundays, beginning in December.
Want to submit your poetry to WCAI? Here’s how.
- Poems for this upcoming round may only be submitted between September 1 – October 1, 2015. Poets will be notified in November if their poem is accepted or not. (Note from Maggie – if your poem isn’t selected the first time around, there will be another call for submissions in the winter.)
- Poems must be less than 2 minutes when read aloud.
- Please email 3 poems, a brief bio or personal statement (100 words or less), and contact information including name, address, and telephone number, to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our poetry line and read one of your poems as a recorded message. Remember, it must be less than 2 minutes – time yourself beforehand, please, to ensure it meets the time criteria. (Don’t worry: this is not what will go on air! This is just so you have a chance to convey your poetry in your own voice. Mistakes aren’t a problem.) The phone number is:(508) 731-IAMB (that’s 508 731-4262).
- No hate speech or expletives.
- Please do not contact the station or the advisors regarding your submission.
Poets for each week are selected by WCAI, with assistance from an advisory panel of published poets and editors. Final decision on what goes on air belongs solely to WCAI.